Wednesday, December 19, 2007

shoes humor

Note: I've got a slightly sarcastic (and definitely quirky) sense of humor. This post is not intended to offend at all.

I'm amazed at the amount of things that I'm supposed to care about for the wedding. Food, makes sense to care about it. Entertainment and locale as well. Even the invitations to some extent.

The latest issue to surface: bridesmaid shoes. I just don't care about it. They're not my feet, they're not my shoes, and they'll only appear in a small number of pictures. So I sent an email to my (3) bridesmaids. My maid of honor thought it was hilarious, and I thought it was pretty funny too, so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

"I've now gotten questions from two of you regarding what shoes to wear for the wedding in May, and I thought it would be a good idea to make sure that everyone is on the same page. There's also some things towards the bottom that you should know; I know that I've mentioned some of it to some of you, but I don't remember who knows what.

So shoes.

Given that the dress is burgundy, hot fuschia shoes, like these,

(from here.)

are probably not a good idea. Holographic Doc Martens are also probably not a good idea. And I'm not really feeling the Chuck Taylors.

(image found here.)

Additionally, I hate to be a bitch, but Ugg boots are just not really appropriate when there isn't snow on the ground.

(image found here.)

If we were getting married outside in February, fine. As the wedding is in May, that pretty much rules them out.

That said, I'm thinking along the lines of something that meets this criteria:
1- some sort of dressier sandal/shoe. I don't care about color at all- black, silver, striped, leopard print- whatever color floats your boat, so long as it isn't hot pink patent leather. Heels or flats- your choice.
2- you should like them.
3- you should be able to wear them again for something else."

The email went on from there, but I've got a question for you. No, it's not what shoes recommendations you are giving to your attendants. It's better than that.

How are you keeping wedding planning humorous?

No comments: