Friday, November 2, 2007

The soul search continues...

I want to thank all of you who offered up opinions in my last shoe post. After much deliberation, and asking the opinions of my mom and Calvin's mom, I decided to return all of the shoes. The pair that most people liked (myself included), was the Charles David with a big bow on the front. Unfortunately for me, not only was the heel too high, but they were a half size too small. While the box said 10, the shoes said 9.5. I will say that endless has been an awesome- returns are free, I mailed the gigantic box of shoes on Saturday, and received an email today saying that my return has been processed.

So. I went back to scouring the internet, and came up with some more possibilities. First, Mrs. Bee alerted me to the fact that Holly Dunlap, the designer famous for her sexy Hollywould line of shoes, has just launched a line at Target. And that collection includes the following shoe:

Hollywould Peep Toe Pumps in Red. $30. Which looks pretty similar to these, right?

Luichiny Pretty, $72.95. Or compare the $30 Hollywould for Target shoes to the Hollywould Gertrud which sells for $395.

The other red shoe possibilities I found are:

Nine West Jojus, $78.95


rsvp Katelyn, $64.95


rsvp Nelly
, $64.95

Kenneth Cole Reaction Get Rich, $82.95

I'd love to know which of the above shoes you like the best. :-)

(Also, as you may have noticed, most of them have a closed heel, which can be problematic for my narrow feet. So I'm still open for suggestions of gorgeous silk or satin red shoes that are $100 or less, with a heel that is 3.5" or less and are available in size 10.)

2 comments:

MThornton said...

I like the Luchinys but not sure about the bow on your heel for your wedding dres...I feel like the "Get Rich" may be your shoe!!! They are pretty and dainty. Very nice.

R. Schreiber-Reis said...

Well, despite the closed heel, the Nine West Jojus pair is GORGEOUS.