Thursday, February 14, 2008

Product Review: Facewash

When the new year started, I thought that I would begin to take better care of my skin. I mean, I've been pretty rough on it (salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide, I'm looking at you) and it wasn't helping my acne much at all.

(Yes, I get acne. Yes, I've had acne since I was about 13. Yes, I recognize that this means I've had it about half my life.)

But for the first time, I'm actually winning the war against the acne on my face. Because unlike the Clearasil and Clean and Clear days of my youth when my face extremely oily, I'd noticed that my face, especially my cheeks, are dry.

(Honestly, as a teenage, I never thought that day would come.)

So, I decided to try this:

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

After using it for about 6 weeks, I want to let you know that it works. Seriously. I haven't had any zits/pimples at all on my face since I've been using it (except when I've been traveling and have forgotten it- and then my face reminds me that I should never forget it.) My skin doesn't feel especially dry OR oily, which is pretty much a modern miracle for me.

So now that I've got a good face wash that has done wonders for my skin, I've figured out that I should probably start using some sort of moisturizer as well. Right?

What's your favorite face moisturizer?

1 comment:

R. Schreiber-Reis said...

Heck yeah! I love Cetaphil! I started using it last fall and it has done miracles for my skin, as well. The best moisturizer, in my experience, is Dr. Hauschka's Quince Day Cream. It can be found at World Market, as well as at many organic markets and online at www.drhauschka.com. I swear by their products, they have changed the way I feel about makeup and the way my skin reacts. Plus, it's all natural and earth-friendly and stuff. Makes you feel good inside, too. :o) In case you are still searching for makeup to wear, I just discovered recently that Bare Escentuals actually is fabulous- it gives amazing coverage but is so light you barely remember it's on your face. Maybe ask to test that at Sephora?
-Becky