Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A love letter to luggage

Dear luggage,
I've traveled quite a bit with several of you, and I want to take the time to let you know how I feel.

Kelty Redwing Backpack,
you are amazing. You were absolutely faithful in the 3 mile walk to the ferry in Stockholm, never letting in any bit of moisture despite the continuous downpour. You remained faithful going from Budapest to Bratislava, and lasted much better than any rolling bag would have in the cobblestone streets of Riga. But it's been several years since I graduated from college, and I've found that I increasingly need to travel with a suit. We've shared some good times, and I will come back to you.

The rolling bag that shall remain nameless,
Your time has come to meet the fate you deserve. I've tried to take care of you, to treat you well, and what do I get in return? A bag that tips over no matter how I pack it. A bag that gets caught in the tiniest crevices. A bag that never rolled very smoothly. I've given you numerous second chances, and you've blown it. Off to Goodwill you go.

You've been replaced:



Ricardo Beverly Hills Del Mar Lite ,
You have become the apple of my eye, after hearing about you at ebags, and finding you for such a great deal at Luggage Factory. You are extremely light weight, easy to pack efficiently, and even provide a way for me to separate dirty laundry from clean. You role smoothly, and have pockets just where I need them. And you come in purple! I know I can depend on you to not get tripped up when I'm racing to the gate to catch my plane, and managed the cobblestones of Playa del Carmen with amazing ease. While I love Kelty, it is you that I will be taking on our honeymoon.

Love,
Meg

What luggage are you taking on your honeymoon?

No comments: