Friday, January 18, 2008

Calling it quits over a name?

Now, I've blogged before about how I'm not changing my name- and this decision is one that Calvin 100% completely supports.

(What I have not blogged about extensively is that I actually do follow celebrity gossip).

I know that others have different opinions about name changing, but this, for me, is extreme. According to E! Online's Marc Malkin, Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmonds have called it quits over her refusal to change her name.

Murphy and Edmonds in presumably happier times.

According to a source, "“He was insisting she change her name. It was a huge issue. They were arguing about it before they left for the wedding.”

I know from discussion on Weddingbee and elsewhere that name changing can be extremely contentious, and that grooms often feel very strongly about this.

How does you groom feel about you changing or keeping your name? Did you consider his feelings when making your decision?

No comments: