Monday, January 28, 2008

Nifty planning tool

Wanderluster has tipped me off to one of the most awesome planning things ever.

Google Notebook
.

Seriously. I don't know about you, but I have, oh, 6.02 x 10^23 pages bookmarked in various folders in my internet browser. (Alright, so maybe Avogadro's number is an exaggeration. But I have a lot.) And it can be really hard to find the exact "super awesome red invitation" picture that I'm looking for.

Downloading them to my desktop helps with the organization some, but I'm not always good at remembering where my sources come from.

Cue Google Desktop. It enables you to save pictures and text from websites in your own "notebook" which can be divided into various sections. It automatically provides the source for it, and you can also take notes. All it takes is a simple right click of the mouse to post it into your noteback.

Check it out.

All the information you need, in one simple click.

Look at hte organization possibilities.

And, if you want, you could share it with others. This, I think, would be a perfect way to share thoughts about bridesmaid attire with your attendants- or rehearsal dinner options with the parents.

This is revolutionizing the way that I store my information. Like bookmarks, but better, because I can access it from any computer, it has the citations, and uses Google's search engine.

(All pictures courtesy of the Google Notebook tour.)

1 comment:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

i'm in love with google notebook. a word of warning though - create separate notebooks for things, because as they become larger and larger, they also become sloooower and slooooooooower. :)