Wednesday, April 9, 2008

dance with my dad

Calvin and I have been taking dancing lessons off and on for close to a year now, and have had such a good experience that my parents decided to take lessons as well. So when I was in Cleveland this past weekend, I went along with them to their dance lesson, and got to spend some quality time with my dad.

Getting a little help from Joel, my parents' instructor

We got this

A little spinning motion (from both us and the camera).

My dad and I spent most of the time practicing the foxtrot, which is what he and my mom have been working on the most. Since both of us have been taking lessons, we want to show off our skills on the dance floor at our wedding. But to what song? We need something from the 1940s or 1950s that is either big band music or music from the Rat Pack, which is what our band will be playing at the reception.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good dance song?

(And for those of you in Cleveland interested in taking dance lessons, I'd highly recommend that you check out Arthur Murray. Located in Mayfield off of I-271, the studio space is awesome and the dance instructors are really fun. And then you could dance with my parents :-) )

No comments: