Thursday, April 24, 2008

DIY gone wrong

It turns out that no matter how careful you are, there are some things that just don't turn out as you imagined. Like my headpiece.


I had been planning to cover it with silk to match my dress, and had thought that I would pleat it, so it would look like the waistband.

Now, I'm not the world's best seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm pretty good at figuring out how to do what I want. I got to work, measuring, cutting, pleating, and then came time to pin the fabric to the cap to make sure I was positioning it properly. I then tried it on, and it ended up looking like the illegitimate child of the two caps below:

banded nurse cap

round eastern covering

Whoops. Not exactly the look I was going for. After talking with my mom, I decided to scrap the headpiece altogether, and figure out something else for my head.

What DIY projects have gone wrong for you?

No comments: