Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Honeymoon help

I've talked quite a bit about our honeymoon, and now that it's coming close, I realized there are some things that I need to figure out.

Like what to pack. As we are traveling with carry-ons only (since spending a month backpacking in Europe, I have a hard time packing more than just a carry-on), space is pretty limited. I thought I'd share my packing list for other people traveling to warm climates who hope to pack light, as well as open it up to any suggestions for items that I have forgotten.

Clothes (including what I will wear on the plane):
2 knit dresses
1 pair shorts
1 pair pants
2 short sleeved shirts
1 cardigan or long sleeved shirt
birkenstocks
sneakers
socks
underwear
3 swimsuits
1 pashmina
rain jacket
(I plan on buying some nicer sandals once we're in Bali.)

Toiletries/makeup:
sunscreen*
bug repellent*
after sun lotion*
toothpaste*
facewash*
toothbrush
razor
deodorant
mascara*
lip gloss*
contacts
contact solution*
glasses

First aid kit:
neosporen*
band-aids
rifaxamin (for traveler's diarrhea)
malarone (for malaria prevention)
personal medications
pepto-bismal chewable tablets
immodium AD
advil
purel*

Important documents:
passport
plane ticket confirmations
doctor's note about prescription meds
1 bank card
2 credit cards
$100 bills (number TBD; supposedly you get the best exchange rate in Bali if you have 100s)

Misc.
money belt
2-3 paperback books
2 travel guides
Ipod
sunglasses

*means that it is a liquid, and therefore must go in a 1 qt bag. I've figured out how much contact solution I'll need (2 small bottles), and Calvin and I will split the load as far as the remaining liquids go.

Anyone have any recommendations for things to add to the list?

2 comments:

midwest transplant said...

You might do it Tinnerman style and see if you can slip in an extra tanktop (nice to go sleeve-less at the beach). Also, if you already have one, it could be a good idea to bring a hat or visor for the sun (also Tinnerman style :) ) Otherwise, I love that you are packing so light. Its soooo mcuh better not to have to carry all that junk around.

weddingdressesanglew said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own prom dresses in your wedding.You can visit our site wholesale wedding dresses.cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,strapless wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dressesyour dream. Get your wedding dresses in our wedding dress shop.