Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So about my skin tone...

Right now, my skin is a nice shade of pale. Now, I don't know about you, but I'm looking to add a little bit of color to my skin prior to the wedding. Normally, I'd go about this in a "normal" way, like going out on walks wearing a tube top, but the weather here in Michigan is cold and/or gray.

So self-tanners, Mystic Tan, or tanning beds would be the way to go, right? The only thing is, I'm terrified with looking like this:

Jessica Simpson in 2005; courtesy of Go Fug Yourself and Daily Celeb.

She looks scary. Really scary. And not at all what I want to look like at our wedding.

Are you planning on tanning prior to your wedding? Anyone have a favorite product or technique they'd like to recommend (or advise staying away from)?

2 comments:

midwest transplant said...

I know nothing about that type of stuff as a fellow pale lady. But that picture of Jessica Simpson is enough to scare everyone.

Melissa said...

I have been trying out the Jergens Express tanning moisturizer, and while it took a little longer than the 3 days they promised, it did give my pasty white self a little color that looked pretty natural. Since it's a moisturizer, you just treat it like any other lotion and rub it in well, and you don't end up with streaks. They also have three darkness levels for it, so start with the palest one.