Monday, April 28, 2008

Veils by Occansey Designs

With the recommendations from a post a bit back for ways to get both my schoolwork and wedding stuff done, I took up the main suggestion to delegate.

First thing to delegate- my veil. I'd originally not wanted a veil, and then thought about a long veil, and then a shorter veil, then a longer veil, then a really short veil. Obviously, this indecisiveness needed to stop. I'd planned to make my own veil (why pay $200 for a veil when Joann Fabrics sells tulle for $1.99/yard?), but decided to scrap that.

After a quick google search, I came across Occansey Designs. Basically, they make veils completely custom- length, width, embellishments- everything. And after a quick price comparison of other online veil shops, I noticed that their prices are extremely competitive.

So what did I do? I thought about the types of veils I'd tried on that I liked.


"angel" cut veils

"cascading" cut veils

And of course, I thought about the length of the veil. At my last dress fitting, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I really liked short veils. So I went ahead and ordered my short, angel cut veil.

It has arrived, and is absolutely perfect. (No pictures, since Calvin reads the blog.)

Where did you get your veil?

No comments: